PluralSight Time Management
Notes from PluralSight Time Management Course.
Principles & Techniques for Effective Time Management
From The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
By Davidjcmorris - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=74528894
** Focus on Quadrant 2 - use whiteboard for non-urgent, important tasks.
Kolbe A Index - what role can have in team and be more effective
P/PC Balance - production / production capability - measurement of how effective one is with time
Pareto principle - what things bring the most results?
Have learning book in bathroom !action
Goal Setting 6 Step Formula
- What do you want to achieve?
- What are you willing to give?
- Set an exact date.
- Have a clear plan.
- Put it in writing
- Read it aloud twice a day.
End of day GRP report (Goals Results Problems) !action
Batch tasks that take less than two minute together.
Cleaning up workspace
- remove unnecessary open tabs (esp. email)
- anything that is an unnecessary input (prevents Information Overload)
Decision making - not a one time event, but a process
- Prepare (research)
- Communicate w/ stack holders
Must be aware of common ones, including:
- Sunk cost
- Look for data that supports our view
- Think we are better at decision making than others
- Purpose - why?
- People - who?
- Format - what?
Management of self
- hero in own movie
- negotiate with self
** Reality Map - All lasting constructive change in human behavior starts on the inside with a changed imaged of reality.