Basic SEO Checklist
A checklist to ensure a webpage has the basics necessary for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Ensure title, description, Canonical URL and other relevant metadata is present. Use Jekyll SEO Tag if using Jekyll.
- Ensure title is intriguing enough to get a search visitor to click
- Write in simple, short sentences focused on the main targeted keyword
- Perform keyword research
- Target keywords in title, H2s, and URL path
- Long tail keywords in H2 header(s)
- Consider including images (Google loves webp format)
- Submit site map to google
- Perform an SEO check